After years of telling us what a girl wants and creating a loyal following of fighters, Xtina has become an inspiration to us all.
5. She doesn’t mind lending her talent in times of tragedy. When Hurricane Sandy ravaged the East Coast, Christina (born in Staten Island) flew cross-country to perform in a benefit concert which raised millions of dollars for the relief effort. And after the tragedy in Connecticut, Christina and the rest of the Voice cast sang in tribute to the fallen victims.
4. She’s still got it. Girl, we hear you! After more than 10 years in the biz, our girl still has incredibly impressive pipes. And though her new album, Lotus, wasn’t exactly a chart topper, we recognize talent when we hear it — kind of like a coach in the blind auditions.
3. She’s a class act. Xtina’s received plenty of hate from The Wanted to enraged Bieber fans, but she rarely responds or gets involved. Sure, she and Adam Levine had a squabble last season over contestant Tony Lucca, but the coaches remain close friends and have smoothed over all differences. In the words of Mary J. Blige, “No more drama in my life.”
2. Her two favorite accessories are wigs and fans. Half the reason we tune in to The Voice each week is to see what crazy look Xtina is rocking. She is slightly predictable in that there’s a 90 percent chance that ensemble includes a brightly-colored wig and an over-the-top fan. Homegirl even fans herself while performing with an afro and sky-high heels. Respect.
1. She could care less about other people’s opinions. After years of criticism for her weight and eccentric attire, Christina has proven to her fans that she really is beautiful, no matter what they say. In a world of size 0s and eating disorders, Xtina works her fuller figure at every possible opportunity. Work it, Lady Marmalade!Source: Wetpaint